10:00 AM - BREAKFAST AND REGISTRATION
10:30 AM - RESUME Workshop / Academic Mock-Interview Workshop
- Attendees can choose from a Resume OR Academic Mock-Interview Workshop.
- Graduate students will be asked to bring drafts of their materials and job listings.
NOON - 1:30PM - LUNCH WITH ALUMNI
- Join alumni from master's and PhD programs for conversations about different career trajectories over lunch.
- Graduate students will have the opportunity to meet UChicago alums from a wide variety of fields and disciplinary backgrounds.
1:30 - 5:00PM - Panel Discussions (with coffee breaks between each session)
(Please note that individual panel times are subject to change, pending final availability of panelists. The schedule will be finalized by 1/17/14).
First Session: 1:30 - 2:30 (Coffee Break 2:30 - 2:45)
- Women in the Sciences: Addressing Common Challenges
- The Digital Humanities: What Students Need (and don't need) to Know
- Using LinkedIn (an Introduction and Refresher)
- Faculty of Color Panel: Career Paths and Navigating Tenure
Second Session: 2:45 - 3:45 (Coffee Break 3:45 - 4:00)
- Research Jobs in the Sciences
- Making an Impact with Innovation
- Careers in Art Museums
- Careers in K-12 Education
Third Session: 4:00 - 4:45 (Reception Begins After)
- Careers in Community Colleges
- Careers in Libraries
- Working Abroad: Finding and Pursuing Opportunities
- Financial Services Recruiter Panel
5:00 - 7:00PM: Networking Reception with Alumni (Cloister Club, Ida Noyes Hall)
- Celebrate the end of another GradUCon and meet alumni in an informal setting.
- The reception will be structured by discipline, and graduate students will be able to meet alumni from their division and/or school.